Monday, May 4, 2009

Welcome!!

Welcome to my new Blog! I keep suggesting to my SIL, Shelly, that she needs a blog of her own to showcase her artsy side, so I decided that if I do it, maybe she'll do it!! (Not that my artsy side can even compare to hers!) I hope to keep you entertained, or maybe just motivated to try to let YOUR artsy side shine!


I participated in an online crop this weekend at live imagine create ...well, actually only on Saturday, as the carpets were cleaned on Sunday afternoon. For one challenge, I made this card:



We were challenged to use a provided sketch. I am so indecisive that it took me half a day just to come up with the paper and embellies and THEN to put it together.



I also made this box for a challenge. The box itself is made from cardstock. My adorable Granddaughter (9 years old), "helped" me! I ended up giving it way yesterday, filled with chocolates to a kind lady friend at church, Beverly. Beverly came up to me last Sunday after Worship, afer Lucie had had a struggle with Davy during the service, and let me know that she also had been through raising kids at church and that the noise did NOT bother her. I soooooooooo needed to hear that! Anyway, my little box now has a friendly loving home!

2 comments:

  1. Welcome to the blogging family, You do have a artsy side to you, and your SIL can't hold a candle to you. Are you going to have people design things for you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the cutesy box.. YOu done good.. In fact, you are awesome.. but so is your SIL.

    ReplyDelete